Saturday, May 06, 2006

It's in the bag!


My first big weaving project. I have a 20" rigid heddle loom and have been experimenting with the log cabin pattern. I really like how something simple can look complex. This is with two differntly textured yarn. The colored is a alpaca/silk laceweight from KnitPicks. The black is plain crochet cotton. Both are doubled. After much contemplation, I decided on a bag. I was very pleased with the texture of the fabric, but it didn't have the drape of a wrap. It was very dificult making that first cut with the scissors!!! I am very pleased with it and even my husband said that perhaps this was the best fiber project I had made so far.

What seems strange to me is how different the fabric looks in its finished form vs. off the loom.

3 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger karrie said...

Wow! that bag looks really nice.. very profesional looking!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Very nice bag! It is surprising what happens to fabric in the washing isn't it?

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Wow! What an interesting bag -- the colors and weave pattern complement each other well. It's luscious. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental