Thursday, August 25, 2005

Snip, Snip


These are the socks for my 5 year old ogre nephew (that is said with love). It really is his knick-name. I finally got around to getting the ends weaved in with my toddler watching. Went to get a drink, came back and found said toddler with scissors "helping Mommy". Snip, snip went the ribbing. Oh $#(@ went the Mommy. (Bad Mommy)

Good knews is after careful inspection, she only snipped through one of the strands on the ribbing. Will reinforce area and keep fingers crossed. Perhaps he will grow out of them before they start to unravel.

I know they don't match exactly. Cheapskate didn't want to buy a second ball to make them match. These were toe up and took just under 1 skein. I am not thrilled about the top, I tend to bind-off too tightly, so went up in needle size which made them too loose. When my son modeled them, they look better, but will need to experiment with some different cast-off techniques before attempting another pair.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Yikes! Snipped knitting sounds scary! But I'm glad you were able to make it work without ripping out. Children's socks are outgrown pretty fast, so you'll probably be OK.

And I love the yarn you are spinning. It looks like a beautiful color in the pictures. I'm sure the sweater will be lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental