Sunday, August 28, 2005

Tales from the kitchen


Seeing all the newly dyed fibers at a couple posts and the upcoming fiber fair, I had to do some dying myself this weekend. The first batch is a blue that is done with Wilton Cake Coloring Gels. These tend to be a little unpredictable with results, I have seen some beautiful examples of chromatography before. This time didn't give me quite that results, but there was a small amount of color seperation. I am happy with the results, but was hoping for more purple and magenta which has seperated out in bands in the past.










Second image was inspired from a bouquet of flowers I saw at the grocery store. There were these small intense lime green flowers in it. It was such an unsual color combination that I had to give it a go. I actually came pretty close. This was done all with Kool-Aid. We have black cherry, grape and a watermelon-kiwi one that they don't make anymore. Just the color I was looking for, good thing, it tasted terrible.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental