Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend


It was over 90 degrees this weekend and I knit socks. Wool socks. Finally got these ones finished up.

These were dyed on a knitted tube with Cushings Perfection Acid Dyes and the unraveled and re-knit into the sock with a chevron pattern that I found in a knitting dictionary from the library a long time ago.







Here's a close-up opf the fabric. I liked using the knitted tube--I am actually teaching a workshop on it this fall. I think it is a little easier to control than a 20-ft skein.








My folks came for a visit and I brought the wheel outside and spent the afternoon working. The colored ply is a mixture of 80% SD wool, 20% mohair and 10% silk noil. That is exactly what it says on the label. I am going to have to give the supplier a hard time the next time I see her. I chose to ply with a solid left over from another project as I didn't have enough for a larger project otherwise. I have a vest pattern in mind for this.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Dying a knitted tube, unraveling, and reknitting??? Very clever! Also, your wool/mohair/silk noil yarn is lovely. I've been experimenting with silk noil and enjoy seeing it in handspun yarns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental