Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday = Toasty



I mentioned that I have yet to post about my new scarf due to an unflattering picture of myself. Here it is hanging on the wall at work:



This is handspun merino, a little thicker than my normal yarn, about a sport-worsted weight. I dyed/plied a little differently to have the stripe progression. The pattern is Yarn Harlot's One Row Scarf that I have made a couple of times. Very pleased with the scarf, it is soft and stretchy and warm. I also learned a little about dying in the process. You see this fiber was dyed with the same colors as I used to dye the yarn for my mittens.


Another version of the Nordic Mittens from IWK 2004. These have had a little wear lately and are a little fizzy and felted. I used KnitPicks Bare that I dyed with either RIT or Cushings dye. This yarn felts very easily, but it is so soft and cushy. I love wearing my mittens. So, what did I learn about dying? Several people have told me that they don't match.

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Wow, you are so talented! Great job!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental