Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hide the Rum!


Finished are my Pirate mittens from helloyarn.com. These were done in a dyed yarn from KnitPicks, but it was more a fingering weight than the sport weight called for in the pattern. A little felting did help to make them a little more on the dense side. They were fun, I have several requests from family members for ones. This is going to involve adapting the pattern for an adult size as the beggars were all adults. I think it's a little easier to adjust gauge on a hat than mittens with the larger number of stiches.

The girl loves the new mittens. Pink pirate mittens--who could blame her?

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Hey, I love those mittens. My sister would be flipping out if she saw them!!! Awesome!!! I see in your profile that you’re from SD, and I would like to invite you to join in the South Dakota Knitter's web ring! Here's the link! http://southdakotaknitters.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental