Monday, September 19, 2005

We Came, We Saw, We Dyed


Here is my creation from my worksop this weekend. I am very pleased with it. It is Tropical Punch, Grape and Orange Kool-Aids. I am hoping to post more of the results from the class as they email them to me.

It was fun to sit with other spinners, I know no-one within 40 miles of me that spins. Our Fiber Fair is miniscule compared to something like Maryland Sheep and Wool, but hopefully it will grow.

I got lots of great fiber that I can't wait to spin, lots of ideas for new combinations. Don't know what I am going to knit with all this great fiber. The only problem is that I am spinning faster than I knit. I got 4 oz finished this weekend. I was amazed how much I can do without distractions (kids, phone, laundry, work etc).

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR CLASS WAS GREAT! MY WOOL IS DRIED NOW AND I CANT KEEP MY HANDS OFF OF IT. IT TRIED SOME DYEING OF MY OWN LAST NIGHT WITH SOME QUESTIONABLE RESULTS (I WANT MY TEACHER WAAAAHH) I GOT SOME GENERIC KOOLAID IN MOSTLY REDS AND GRAPE SO EVERYTHING HAS A RED COLOR TO IT. THEN I TRIED SOME NEON FOOD COLOR BUT THE GREEN WOULD NOT TAKE AND WASHED OUT ITS PRETTY BUT NOT VERY VIBRANT AND I AM NOT SURE JUST HOW COLOR FAST IT WILL BE. I WANT TO TRY THE WILTON CAKE COLORINGS BUT DIDNT SEE THEM AT HYVEE. I WANT TO SPIN UP MY FIBRE FAIR WOOL BUT ITS SO PRETTY THE WAY IT IS!! BUT THE SOCKS I PLAN WILL BE GREAT. THANKS AGAIN FOR A GREAT CLASS
SUSAN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental