Monday, June 25, 2007

Room Reveal (Sort of)


There are few things in life that neccesitate complete room re-dos. The ones that come to my mind are babies and floor looms. Yes, I acquired a floor room and had to rearrange most of the house to accomodate it. The bright side is that now I have my own fiber studio. The down side is that I can't find room in it for everything. Strange, I thought this room was much bigger when I started....
I am still in the organizing stages and finalizing some stuff, so perhaps I will put a few pics up when that happens.
But what about the loom you might ask. I think I will name the loom Red because that was the color I became while waiting for it. I went to a surplus auction and waited all day long with the other fiber junkies for our chance. The university stopped offering weaving classes several years ago and were getting rid of the looms. I know, it is a crime. This particular loom is a 4 shaft, 36" weaving width. I am not positive on the brand as there is no label. I think it may be a Kessenich. I have cleaned it up and need to do a little lubrication. Of course I also need to decide on a project to weave.

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Looms do tend to dominate rooms, don't they? My looms saving grace is that it occupies about 4 square feet. Mind you I am limited to 17 inches weaving width, but It CAN fit in my house, which is crowded, to say the least.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I so understand your problem...I can usually be found trying to fit my stuff in the room where not one, but two 40" floor looms reside. I keep rearranging hoping something will change...but I can weave in there, so that is good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental