Saturday, June 24, 2006

Mystery Solved

Remember the mystery project I posted about awhile back? Well, it is finally off the loom and been finished. It is now a wall hanging in my laundry room.
This is a tatter-weave technique that I wanted to try to add some color on a two-harness loom. Small pieces of fabric are placed in the warp. It was originally used for those special rags that were in short supply. The fabrics were chosen for their colors, not for their patterns. Once the fabric is beaten, it is almost impossible to distinguish the pattern, only the colors. I was experimenting with different patterns, which is why things might seem a little odd. Here is a close-up:
I wasn't real sure about the finished project until it was hung. I didn't like it even then until I moved it up further on the wall. Now I think I am pretty happy with it.


At 10:43 PM, Blogger Charleen said...

Very cool! It would look good in placemats and runners too.

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sara said...

nice weaving, great colors. I like your socks too, despite it being summer and too hot to think about socks!


Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Video Game Rental